Yada Yada Yada builds

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

PSDirtracer

Oct 17, 2007
Bermuda Dunes, CA
Well I’ve been here for a few years and been trying to build a few trucks and have to ditch them over the years. I FINALLY FINISHED ONE! Started spring 2014 when i bought an unfinished project from another DR member, after a few attempt to sell it and the encouragement fro you guys i have finished it (spring 2018) although i have many little things to add and or modify from now its been a good fun truck with about 120 logged miles on it now with a few minor issues and easy fixes.

I should of started a built thread years ago to log the process so i guess the title fits perfectly to my lack of doing so. So here is the before and after pictures from the day i got it home to as it sits now.

Attachments

PSDirtracer

Oct 17, 2007
Bermuda Dunes, CA
Frame cut behind cab and backhalfed with 2" and 1.75 DOM .120
Caged front to back with 2", 1.75" DOM .120 and some 1.5" DOM .120 all tied together

Suspension (front 17"-rear 24")
Rear - Giant MS 4 link set up with 9" trussed 31spine axles
2.5x14 prerun series king coilovers with adjusters
2.5x14 race series triple bypasses

Front - Dana44 beams cut and tuned and truss/plated with Giant MS arms & mounts.
Single swing crossover steering double sheer
2.5x14 IBP king coilovers with adjuster

Drivetrain
4.0 ohv
5speed manual
Manual t-case
Autofab solid mounts on both
Pacesetters headers into a black widow race muffer (thank you South Dakota)

Interior
Mastercraft pro4 seats
Mastercraft 3x3 5 point belts
Lowrance elite 5 GPS
2-icon race/ chase radios
PCI comlink X intercom

Exterior
McQueen body panels 4" front fenders and hood, 7" bedsides
2010 ford ranger stx grill, with black headlights and signals, and header panel
Harmon 40 gallon fuel cell
2010 side mirrors
2010 tail lights

Wheels/Tires
7 - double standard wheels
7-BFG KO2 35”

Plumbing
CNC brakes masters and pedal
All new brake lines front to rear
Braided fuel lines
Aeromotive fuel pumps and filters
All Fragola AN fittings
Ron Davis radiator with spal fan.

Those are the details I can thing of I will post more pictures of stuff as I go on. But to just get everyone up to speed on what all parts I have use.

We do quite a big of racing in Mexico (class 5 open) and we sold our old tundra 4x4 prerunner a few years ago and kinda missed having a 4x4 prerunner to play with and or help recover or set up a remote pit. So this was the plan behind the build as well as have something smaller to tow around and get around in Mexico and super easy to work on and get parts for.

Reactions: Austinlb4

sirhk100

Racer
Feb 24, 2003
Las Vegas
I've been out of the car audio scene for ages, I'm assuming the circular thing lower/center in the dash is a stereo? Anything special or just an odd shaped head unit?

I've been tossing around thoughts on if I'm going to put tunes in my pile or just use headsets. I want to look into blutooth amps and just have an amp and door speakers for when parked I think but I need to look into them as I don't know anything about them other than they exist...

yltaco05

Jan 18, 2006
Fullerton, CA
Yes thats a radio, primarily used in boats.

The best setup i had was a parrot bluetooth interface hooked up to a 5 channel amp. blue toothed from the iPad i used for GPS duties and my phone for phone calls. has USB too so you can load a flash drive with tunes. seriously bitchin.

PSDirtracer

Oct 17, 2007
Bermuda Dunes, CA
I've been out of the car audio scene for ages, I'm assuming the circular thing lower/center in the dash is a stereo? Anything special or just an odd shaped head unit?

I've been tossing around thoughts on if I'm going to put tunes in my pile or just use headsets. I want to look into blutooth amps and just have an amp and door speakers for when parked I think but I need to look into them as I don't know anything about them other than they exist...
Yep its a boat radio am/fm with a USB port for plugging in your phone or iPod, i went that route because its waterproof and dust proof plus all my music is on my phone now. BUT I am currently am pulling it out and putting in a PCI comlink X elite with Bluetooth and running my music in the headsets. Because i dont want to deal with wiring an amp and speakers and all that crap since its all be stripped out.

Reactions: sirhk100

partybarge_pilot

Uno mas Cervesa!
May 14, 2004
Easton, KS
With the blue toof receiver, I am using a vintage HiFonics EQ/pre-amp for a little volume control and to make sure I have enough voltage to drive the amps. BT receiver may not put out enough for the vintage gear I will be running.

State of the art 1989 yo!

IMG_20190330_093607.jpg

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds