So I made a trip down to SD to pay a visit to Aaron (FasterNU) and picked up the 4.0 ohv from G4, we had a super easy redneck time lifting and loading it from my truck bed but it made it in the truck bed safety by the time I left. Aaron has the picture of the rigging, Hahaha.
But I made it home and started on it pretty fast getting it taken apart and started the cleaning process. Overnight soak of oven cleaner and pressure wash in the AM.
on my daily Drive f-150 I ended up taking off the ready lift spaces and did the bilstein lifting shocks and matching rears, so if anyone is looking for a ready lift space for f-150 let me know, Also put on slotted brakes and hd pads all around.
then a few days after that driving back from Baja a semi blew out its super single right beside me in coachella took out my windshield and dented up my passenger door. And needed to clean my pants !
and lastly my last trip to Valle Trinidad was in December and I stuck there by a snow storm. But I am back down in Valle t weekly getting ready to plant in the next week.
Got the new to me motor rebuilt, ended up spending about 250 bucks on a full engine seal kit and did it all, even head gasket, put a few fresh coats of high temp paint on it. New water pump as well.
Since the motor is pretty much ready or as much as I can do until I pull the old one out, I started to pull the old motor out as well, super glad with the set up that I designed when building the truck, makes it super easier to take the front end off and work on it all and pull the motor out... not that I wanted to pull the motor out a lot but I wanted it as easy as possible if and when I needed to.
the plan is to finish pulling the motor out tomorrow, cleaning up the engine bay and touch up paint it, and stuff the new one in. And hopefully have it out for a test run by Wednesday.
Well got the motor pulled out and started cleaning everything up, along with move some of the other things to the new motor, like upper intake and sensors, and harness.
I did notice the motors seem to have a few different things for being from the same motor but different years, the pulleys and tensor are in different locations and the motor I pulled out doesn’t have a cam senq BUT the new motor does, BUT the old motor wiring harness has the plug for the the cam senq on the back of it.
need to pick up a few things to finish it, exhaust manifold gaskets, and new fuel rail adapters. Unfortunately Wednesday maybe out of the picture right now, I have to be in Baja tomorrow and Thursday again for work so maybe this coming weekend it will be done.