yamaha kid's 94 Ranger Race Truck

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
Nice updates... and who's that number one "Aaron" guy at Tuff trucks? Heard he's a kook. LOL

I wonder if I am having a similar sort of issue with D44 ends. My alignment cams have never seemed to seat very deep... Mine seems to have stayed aligned for the most part though.

yamaha kid

2073 KTB Racing Ranger
Nov 7, 2007
Menifee, CA

Finally tore into the truck to figure out what is causing the misfire. Checked compression to make sure I didnt hurt the motor from running it on 5 cylinders and checked continuity on all the injector circuits to make sure its not a wiring issue. Narrowed it down to the ECU so I took it out and will be sending in to JuanCo to have him check it out. If its bad then he will tune another one for me and it should be good to go.

yamaha kid

2073 KTB Racing Ranger
Nov 7, 2007
Menifee, CA
Read the whole thread. Props to getting the truck built and out racing with kiddos- it is hard enough just getting out to the desert with young kids.
Thank you, yes there is a reason why it hasnt been touched in 8 months lol. Adding one more to the mix in 8 weeks too haha. But getting something for the whole family to enjoy is on my list of things to do in the very near future.

yamaha kid

2073 KTB Racing Ranger
Nov 7, 2007
Menifee, CA
Update: Turns out the ECU was bad like I suspected. Got another one from Juanco with the same tune and it fired right up and it was back to running on all cylinders again. I should be getting some wheels this week and then I can go out for a day trip or something.

Reactions: partybarge_pilot

yamaha kid

2073 KTB Racing Ranger
Nov 7, 2007
Menifee, CA
you must be best friends or family if you got something from juanco.
A lot of people keep telling me that but I've never had any issues with him so far. I called him on a Saturday and he tuned and shipped the ECU on Monday. He's been really helpful with any miscellaneous questions I've had about setting this motor up. I didn't even buy the the harness or first ECU directly from him. Only the torque converter and this ECU.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds