yamaha kid's 94 Ranger Race Truck

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

charlie_brown

OG Member
Aug 10, 2004
OC/BAJA
I sent it to you on IG
got it. thanks.

he did my 1st tune and it kicked ass. then i had to change the map sensor and it would throw codes. had steve at power train dyno my truck. he got rid of it thoughing a code but his tune is not as good.

i have a data logger gauge and even with a check engine light, its still faster with juans tune. i went back to power train and told him. he just said bull shit. but my gauges dont lie.

84prerunner

2:AM Fabrication
Feb 7, 2008
Covina CA
got it. thanks.

he did my 1st tune and it kicked ass. then i had to change the map sensor and it would throw codes. had steve at power train dyno my truck. he got rid of it thoughing a code but his tune is not as good.

i have a data logger gauge and even with a check engine light, its still faster with juans tune. i went back to power train and told him. he just said bull shit. but my gauges dont lie.
Steve is and always has been a very conservative tuner. Ive seen juanco motors melt holes in pistons....may or may not have been directly caused by the tune but steves tunes have less timing and more "fail safes" built in to help combat that issue.

yamaha kid

2073 KTB Racing Ranger
Nov 7, 2007
Menifee, CA
Im going to experiment with different bushing combos in the front eye of the leaf springs since Ive had some issues after the couple races. The driver side was gone after the PCI 250 last year and the passenger side was gone after Rage. Both times had the main leaf broken so im not sure if the bushings or the leaf broke first but I figured I could try some other stuff.

I trimmed a 1/2” off each bushing half and put a1” wide piece of delrin in between. Im hoping the delrin will take some of the impact load off the poly and help them live a little longer. 013E2374-C444-4A13-AE3E-44592491E459.jpeg

yamaha kid

2073 KTB Racing Ranger
Nov 7, 2007
Menifee, CA
Picked up a set of walkers from a buddy that Ive been bugging for the last year trying to get him to sell haha. He didnt want to separate the tires so Im going to get them dismounted and sell them since I have 8 KM2s in my garage.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds