ZFG SXS build

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

partybarge_pilot

Uno mas Cervesa!
May 14, 2004
Easton, KS
I'm actually a little concerned about the noise coming through the paper thin firewall. Hopefully the filter will quite it down to a dull shriek.

JusSumGuoy

Old Skool Ford Freak
Feb 20, 2008
Huntington Beach, CA
Are you kidding me!? I will be looking in to this!
Yeah, no shit. I had looked a couple years ago and was finding the cheap china ones for like $400. I ended up with an old school milwalkee with a jacobs chuck of craigslist for $300 which seemed like a score at the time even though it had the jacobs (which all the old ones seem to).

Quick question... What would this be used for over a hand drill or drill press? Would this be used for larger metal pieces where you need to drill a hole in the center (Cant fit on drill press) and don't want to hand drill it?
Yes to all of the above. Used when a true hole is needed (vs. the walking or un-preciseness of a hand drill won't fly) and the part can't fit in the mill or drill press. Or if you are drilling on an already built part or structure.

I bought mine to drill and tap my welding table for fixturing. And 3 years later still haven't used it for that yet...

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds