ZFG SXS build

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

JusSumGuoy

Old Skool Ford Freak
Feb 20, 2008
Huntington Beach, CA
I like the clear powder over polish like factory. I'm too lazy to keep up with cleaning polished wheels.

Clear anno could look cool to. Oh hell, just do um hard black anno at that rate.

partybarge_pilot

Uno mas Cervesa!
May 14, 2004
Easton, KS
I like the clear powder over polish like factory. I'm too lazy to keep up with cleaning polished wheels.

Clear anno could look cool to. Oh hell, just do um hard black anno at that rate.
Hard black ends up looking dry. Plus if you don't get the UV coating they turn red. Went through this at Baja.

Oh my fucking god! Yes!!!

Well fucking done!
Settle down Bevis!

• Haha
Reactions: runit02

JusSumGuoy

Old Skool Ford Freak
Feb 20, 2008
Huntington Beach, CA
Hard black ends up looking dry. Plus if you don't get the UV coating they turn red. Went through this at Baja.
All hard black has seemed to just fade & grey out over the years for me - even with UV. This is multiple years in full sun though. Don't have much experience with hard clear so didn't know if it would hold up any better. I figured they'd just end up looking more dull and therefore just dirty as time went on with the clear. At least as black fades it just becomes an ever lightening shade of grey, which still looks more finished???

dsrtrcr01

Jan 31, 2005
I like the polished look on those.

Never been a fan of black. Can't see all the cool details and just look like you lost a hubcap or never washed the brake dust off:

Reactions: Horunner

Drayke

Always Baja Bound
Jan 29, 2007
Torrance
clear hard ano would change the color pretty significantly. I tried it a ways back on some product development and it wasn't very attractive.
I don't think the hard ano will help them survive rocks or other trail schmoo anyway so why not just do type 2 clear ano to keep the shine but buy a little corrosion protection?

partybarge_pilot

Uno mas Cervesa!
May 14, 2004
Easton, KS
Color would come out greyish. I have had stuff bead blasted and clear hard ano before and it looks nice. On the fence about going to blingy, don't want to much polish on the turd.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds