ZFG SXS build

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

partybarge_pilot

Uno mas Cervesa!
May 14, 2004
Boringsville
200-250 would be nice. That should put me in the 300-350 torque range.

There are bolt on turbos that supposedly will get me there. The downside is they would still be rubbing one out on the starter. Also, the single turbos are great in a street car where they are just fucking around and don't care about them spooling up at 3500.

84projectford

Sep 8, 2010
Phoenix Az
200-250 would be nice. That should put me in the 300-350 torque range.

There are bolt on turbos that supposedly will get me there. The downside is they would still be rubbing one out on the starter. Also, the single turbos are great in a street car where they are just fucking around and don't care about them spooling up at 3500.
Seriously, compound the bitch. Have your cake and eat it too ya fat fuck. Hx35 is probably too big still for 250hp.

I got a long drive sitting in a sausage fest truck Wednesday. I’ll look up more turbos then.

Reactions: partybarge_pilot

84projectford

Sep 8, 2010
Phoenix Az
thats not bad but dont go off the boost assumptions its showing. its going to be more progressive than that. you probably wont see 10psi till 2-2500rpm based on the map.

the left side of the map is the "surge" area where if you DO get the turbo to somehow start to spool, the car will actually chug and make the car surge back and forth as the compressor will start sneezing air back out. basically, there isnt enough leverage on the exhaust side to keep the turbo spinning and hold the boost it made in the charge pipe so it comes back out. real hard on turbo bearings. generally this is only a problem on vane style turbos where you can clamp the vanes too much, exhaust chokes up behind the vanes, boost comes up but the flow to the turbine isnt enough and causes it to surge and sneeze boost back out. in your case, its more like the lag you will see in the turbo.

imho, you are too far to the left of the turbo map (too big). the 62/80 is a better turbo but still wrong. you are also expecting 40lbs/min which is FAR too much for the hp you are after. stock turbo is putting out 9 at 90hp. 10hp per 1 lbs/min is a good rule to go off here. So cutting your boost expectancy on the matchbot to 25psi max and adjusting the boost numbers puts the 62/80 in a better area but still too big

now a garrett GTX2860r, waaaaay better suited turbo. you need to be down in the 40's and maybe low 50's compressor inducer size

84projectford

Sep 8, 2010
Phoenix Az
I thought we were talking compound here, I got the little VNT to spool it up.
if that is the case, you are looking at pressure ratio all wrong. i figured you were still stuck on a single. if you want the stock trubo to make 15psi and the overall boost to be 30psi, your big turbo is putting out 15psi. So the PR will be 2.0 for it but it needs to move 20lbs/min so that when combined with the stock turbos 10lbs/min, you get 30lbs/min. so the 70mm is still far too big. you might be looking at a cheap chinese turbo that will work perfect. ill have to look at the notes for the one i have for the tracker. under those conditions, the chinese shit will last a long time.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds